Monday, February 15, 2010

HENRY CHEN PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP

HENRY CHEN WORKSHOP FINAL-1

As a way of preparing for all of my portrait sessions, I always do a google search on the location I will be shooting. Regardless if I have been there before. I just want to get a good feel of the location before I show up to meet with my clients. It was one of those days when I just randomly typed in "claremont colleges engagement session" and I stumbled upon Henry Chen Photography's page. For the countless hours that I wonder (my wife would say "lost") on the information super highway, this find was definitely one of the best things that had ever happened to me in my young career as a photographer.

I was literally mesmerized by Henry's photos on his website/blog! I probably spent the next 3 hours or so going through the pages on the website. I then cold-emailed Henry and just said hello and said I really like his work. I thought nothing would come out of it since I am literally, one of his thousand friends on facebook. I then emailed Henry again, asking for some advice he could give me on an upcoming wedding, that's when he invited me to come take part in the workshop.

The workshop was jam packed with information that a new wedding photographer would need; marketing, gear, work flow, a mock shoot as directed by Henry, and even income taxes at one point...yes, I know, exciting stuff. But hey, if you want to run a successful business like Henry, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Without boring everybody to tears, it was a great, great, great, did I say great...workshop. I think one word that keeps coming to my mind would be "inspirational." Henry was such a down to earth guy, very personable, and just by hanging out with him a few hours, I understand how he can become successful in such a short amount of time. Hey Henry, if you are reading this, remember the deal we made!

I know I know, here are the pictures from the mock shoot!

IMG_5461

IMG_5568

HENRY CHEN WORKSHOP FINAL-3

HENRY CHEN WORKSHOP FINAL

HENRY CHEN WORKSHOP FINAL-2

HENRY CHEN WORKSHOP

IMG_5557

1 people commented on this post:

Henry February 16, 2010 at 12:48 PM  

Hi Jeremy!

Great shots, I'm excited for your new adventure, thanks again for coming by yesterday and allowing me to share the info with you. You're going to rock the wedding world! Keep me posted on the you know what!

LEAVE A COMMENT

FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK

Flickr Photostream

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Jeremy Chou Photoworks. Make your own badge here.

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP